The Loumeau Family

The Loumeau Family

Monday, October 25, 2010

Trip to Oregon Part 5: Done Traveling

We tried a different route home, hoping for better luck than our first attempt. The plan was to drive 5 hours to Vancouver, stay overnight, and have Amora fly home with her grandma while I drive home.

The thing about plans is that they always have a way of changing. We made it 4 hours to Salem, stopped for dinner at my Dad's house, and began our last leg of the day. About 20 minutes out of Salem, the check engine light came on. I frantically called my step dad asking if I should pull over. He told me I could most likely keep going, so I didn't stop until I made it to Vancouver.

After telling my mother-in-law my concerns, we agreed that it would be best if I fly home with Amora and leave the car in the care of my father-in-law. We readily agreed and made it home, without the car.

Amora is done traveling...


And really cute about it.


And the car? We are still waiting on an estimate with a mechanic in Vancouver. Maybe I will have my freedom again. I'm not feeling very optimistic about it though. Cast your votes: how much will this repair cost me?

2 comments:

  1. Dang! I hate car repairs. I hate changed plans. But, I am glad you guys got home safe and sound!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The check engine light always went on in my Mirage. It was never because something was wrong with it, it was just retarded. So I'm willing to bet nothing is wrong with yours. But if you take it to a mechanic I'm sure they'll find something so they can get some mullah.

    ReplyDelete