The Loumeau Family

The Loumeau Family

Monday, October 25, 2010

Trip to Oregon Part 4: Medford

After Salem, Amora and I traveled even further south to Medford. While there, we visited her Grammy Fullmer, Grandpa, and Uncle Jeremy.

Amora got to drive her uncle around (or just stay in park in the driveway, it's all the same to her). This is one of her sheer pleasures in life. Bliss.


We went bowling as a family, which Amora tolerated. Really, she just wanted to play in the arcade and darted over until I finally forfeited my position on the bowling roster and let her push all the buttons on every machine to her heart's content.

And of course every visit with my mom includes a photo shoot. Amora clung to me for dear life, so I am pictured in every one of the shots.


We took Jeremy's dog on a walk to the school park almost everyday. The school has two playgrounds. As soon as Amora realized this, she insisted that we hit each playground every time we went. Jeremy absolutely adored her and asked her over and over again if she wanted to sit on his lap down the slides.


Amora also got to enjoy being read to by someone other than me. She was reluctant at first, but agreed to it after weighing the pros and cons.


We packed up and hauled out after a busy two weeks only to be detoured. About 20 minutes out of Medford on our way home, the car overheated and the head gasket blew. I was quite calm about this revelation until the mechanic gave an estimate of $2100 to fix the engine. Luckily, my step dad came to save the day and lovingly labored over my car for 4 days. Here is a photo documenting his hard work. $500 later and almost a week after our scheduled departure time, the car started, passed the 45 minute test drive, and we were on our way home for the second time.

1 comment:

  1. Dang Jeremy is so big! I like how mom posed her self in the pictures. And you actually got one where she was coincidentally sitting on the couch and not posing. AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete