The Loumeau Family

The Loumeau Family

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Amora the Champ!

I was so worried about going back to work a couple of weeks ago because Amora is normally a pretty fussy baby. Imagine my shock when I came home the first day and she seemed just fine without me. Maybe it was just a fluke, I thought. But day after day, she has done an amazing job with me at work! No screaming, not much fighting the bottle, just a realization that this was the way it was going to be. Such a blessing. The only day that was miserable was when we learned that Amora has strep throat. We're still not quite sure how she got it, but she sure let Adam know something was bothering her. But she's now on a round of antibiotics and feeling much better.
I think the transition has been hardest for me, though. Going back to work has been a challenge. It's been hard leaving my beautiful little girl and coming home tired but wanting to spend time with Amora. I have a very challenging group of students this term and a some difficulties with not having an actual classroom (the destruction from a recent tornado displaced the junior high school to our school and forced me out of my trailer). I'm convinced that this is the best thing for our family, and that will help me finish the school year strong. And next week is a four day week because we have Good Friday off. I'm also looking forward to having a couple of days off to go to my sister's wedding at the end of this month.

Amora seems to be learning new skills everyday. She's laughing now which just about the cutest thing in the world. She also is tolerating car rides more. I went out yesterday and she fell asleep in her car seat on the way home. Normally she'll just scream when she's tired in the car seat. I'm pretty sure that she gets cuter everyday too. We love our little girl.
House update: we have settled on a price with the seller and have the inspection scheduled for this Tuesday. If everything goes well we will close May 29th. Adam and I are really excited for this new change. And I'm happy that I won't have to deal with the noise from apartment living.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the house! I hope the inspection goes well. It can kinda make or break things, ya know? I am glad Amora is doing well without you. I remember, after Kari was born, I ventured to the grocery store without her. I was only gone for an hour, maybe 2, but I have to admit I was a bit dissapointed that she didn't miss me as much as I missed her (I cried when I got back). It is a good thing kids are adaptable but love us at the same time. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like things are settling in for you guys. Happy for ya!
    :~D

    ReplyDelete